Saturday, January 15, 2022

Funded in Part


 "The Maine Pottery Tour is funded in part by a grant from the Maine Arts Commission, an independent state agency supported by the National Endowment for the Arts."

The is the first time I can say that! The Maine Arts Commission put out a call late last year for an Artist Jobs Grant - there was a very short window between the announcement & the deadline! - and I am delighted to say we were chosen for funding.

What does it mean? It means we can pay our web designer & our publicist, and me, the organizer, for the first time. It also means a big advertising push, both online & in print. Since the beginning of the tour I've been cautious about growing the number of studios, because the success of the event is not just more stops - it's more audience. I've worked hard to grow the numbers of visitors, and let the numbers of studios grow organically. This year, with a little funding, I look forward to out most successful year yet.

The Maine Pottery Tour is happening Saturday April 30th & Sunday May 1st. See you in the spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment